Make Sure Keyless Ignition Is Off

A tragedy occurred in Florida recently when an elderly couple in their eighties died from carbon monoxide poisoning. They had parked their new Toyota Avalon in their attached garage and left the ignition on. This happens quit a lot with keyless ignition cars as they are often very quiet or the hearing of the occupants isn’t that great, or the garage door drowns out the sound of the engine. Over the course of the evening, their bedroom was located next to the garage in their one floor home, filled with carbon monoxide and they passed away.

When you have a car with keyless ignition, it is always important to double and triple check that you have turned off the ignition. Clearly, someone passing away is an extreme and rare outcome. Much more likely is that you run the car’s battery down and you need a jump start. In any event, if you notice any issues with your car starting, keyless or otherwise, make an appointment and come in and see us. If you live in Essex, Burlington, South Burlington, Colchester, Winooski, Williston, Shelburne and anywhere in the State of Vermont be sure to contact Handy‚Äôs Service Center for all your auto repair needs!